Saturday, November 23, 2013

Organization/Storage Tips Part II

Hi there dolls!!

After posting about storage options, I decided to share some of the ways I have gotten creative when it comes to organizing my own collection. You do not have to spend a small fortune to house your beloved goodies, by re-purposing normal household items you have the opportunity to customize your own unique organization system.

 Those clear acrylic trays holding my skincare products are actually butter dishes from the Dollar Tree! That's right, they were $1 each!!! I discovered them on a stroll through my local Dollar Tree store, and immediately envisioned them on my dresser.
This storage piece came straight from the kitchen supplies section of Walmart for around $4! I believe it is meant to hold sponges or cleaning products. When I saw the divided tray I just knew it would be perfect to house all my blushes, bronzers, highlighters, and primers.
 
 I purchased this mail organizer from T.J. Maxx years ago for my college apartment. It makes a great home for all of my palettes.

The jars with lids and the bud vases came from the Dollar Tree. These jars were perfect for cotton pads and swabs. The bud vases were just the right height for my personal set of brushes. (I keep my freelance set in a brush roll for traveling)



 I purchased the acrylic drawer set from Ross over the summer for around $8. I love these drawers for storing smaller random items, like lip glosses and eyelash glue. I found these adorable decorative mason jars at the Dollar Tree and envisioned them storing my ridiculous supply of hair clips, bobby pins, and hair ties. I liked that they were different sizes and had different patterns. I use the larger jar to store sectioning clips, and the small one for bobby pins and ponytail holders.


I love these divided multi-section organizers (I actually have two, pushed back-to-back). I purchased these at Ross for less than $10 each. These are a great size to remain on my dresser. The items stored here vary depending on my routine... usually changing every couple of weeks when I purchase some new eye/lip/face products. Those products that I am not currently using on a weekly basis get rotated out and stored in either my train case (below) or one of MANY cosmetic bags.

My train case holds the majority of products I use when freelancing. Lip tars, extra mascaras, primers, highlighters, and concealers are kept here. This train case came from Target, for around $35 a few years ago (I believe it is now only available online). This has been a lifesaver when traveling to photo shoots and events. I want a wheeled version with pop up studio light next (like this one found here at Le Cosmetique http://www.lecosmetique.com/All_Black_Makeup_Studio_With_Lights_p/C6201PVAB.htm?gclid=CNWejvGx-7oCFUMV7AodB18AMg).





I hope these tips inspired you to re-think makeup storage and organization! Get creative!

xoxo,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment