Friday, November 29, 2013

Hair, Skin, & Nail Routine Part II

Happy Belated Thanksgiving/Black Friday!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and racked up some crazy deals today! I want to let you dolls know how thankful I am for you reading this blog! Who would have guessed that this little blog would get 1,000 views in less than three months?!?! You guys are awesome and I really appreciate you !

This is the second post in a two-part series dedicated to skin, hair, and nail products that I am currently obsessed with. The first post went up on Monday and detailed my skin care routine. This post will revolve around my favorite hair and nail products.

Hair


I like to alternate between two different hair care lines. I have always felt like my hair stops responding as well to a specific product after repeated use, so I use L'Oreal EverPure Volume shampoo and conditioner about four days a week. It's sulfate-free so it doesn't strip my hair, it is volumizing, and it has a minty fragrance that I adore! On the days that I don't use the EverPure, I like to use L'Oreal Total Repair shampoo and conditioner, and coordinating Damage Erasing Balm (a super creamy deep conditioning hair mask). The mask is amazinggggg. I abuse my hair on a pretty regular basis with heat styling and teasing (what can I say, I love big hair and am from the South) and this line undoes that damage and makes me hair smoother and stronger. When using the mask, I coat the ends of my hair with the balm and clip it up while I do everything I need to in the shower, and then rinse right before hopping out. I have this weird wavy hair type that is not necessarily thick, but there is a ton of it. My hair becomes a tangled nest in a hot minute and this mask does wonders on my knotty locks. After rinsing my hair, I use a Wet Brush to work out any leftover kinks. If you haven't gotten a Wet Brush yet, drop what you are doing and get on Amazon. It's fabulous and your hair will thank you! I like to wrap my hair in a Turbie Twist while I apply my makeup, and by the time I am almost ready, it's 3/4 of the way dry. I hate trying to dry my hair when it's sopping wet, it takes forever and I almost feel like I'm ripping my hair when I drag a brush through it. I tried Josie Maran's Pure Argan Oil for my face and it was a disaster. It made my skin look fresh and glowy... for about two weeks... and then I began to break out and my face began to resemble an oil slick. Guh-ross. However, it works wonderfully on the ends of my hair and on my cuticles!

Nails

I love the look and longevity of gel nails, but hate paying $30 every two weeks. I decided to look into getting a home gel nail kit. After reading lots of reviews, I settled on the Red Carpet Manicure set at Ulta. The kit is around $80 (sticker shock, I know!) but that's still less than three gel manicures. The kit includes everything needed for a perfect gel mani, and you get to select your own shade of polish. This brand offers the largest selection of polish colors and lasts at least two weeks. The polishes run about $10 each, but you can always use an Ulta coupon and get $3.50 off. The first few times takes a while, but once you get used to applying and curing the layers it doesn't take much time at all. The LED light is pro quality and really does seal the coats. I will forewarn you, this system is extremely drying on hands and nails. After using the Red Carpet Manicure system, I like to rub Josie Maran's Pure Argan Oil all over my nails and cuticles to seal in moisture. I apply the oil again before hitting the sheets, and wake up to beautiful, soft and smooth hands.

For my toes, I either use one of my 30 OPI shades, I also like Sally Hansen Complete Manicure polishes, and OPI Drip Dry Lacquer Drops. During sandal season, which is March through October in the South, I like a fun print or design on my toes. I like to use Sally Hansen Nail Art pens to paint polka dots or fun designs. I also love Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish strips. If you have small toe nails like me, these strips are perfect! I simply use an orange stick to cut around the strip once it is applied to the nail. These strips have last a whole month on my toes and looked perfect for a full 30 days!


I would love to hear your hair & nail product suggestions! Leave me a comment or send me a message!

xoxo,

Alicia



No comments:

Post a Comment