Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November Favorites

Hello there dolls!

I wanted to share the products I kept reaching for this month. I did mostly bridal and boudoir this month, so the items in my list will be ones that are particularly suited for photos. Most of my product recommendations are items that I have found to create glowing beautiful skin.

Victoria's Secret Fresh Face Brightening Gel Cream

I got received this product from a friend over the summer but just recently busted it out... and I am so glad I did! This gel cream creates a subtle pearlescent glow anywhere you put it. I love this product for boudoir photos because it gives just enough dewiness without creating a super shiny look. I like to apply it right above the cheekbones and on the collar bone, highlighting these angles on the face and body, and avoiding areas where natural shine pops up (t-zone area). This product makes the skin appear fresh, and is also slimming. I only use this product on clients with normal to dry skin (so sad that I can't wear it!). For clients with oily skin like myself, I opt for a powder highlighter to mimic the effect. Also, I would not recommend this type of product for an event like a wedding, natural shine will continue to peak through makeup over time and the whole face will begin to look slick.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

I am in LOVE with this product!! I have used this product every day since I purchased it. First off, pretend that concealer is not in the name because that's not its main purpose. The gel-based highlighter is the perfect consistency, not too thick or thin, it goes on smooth and blends well. Though this product does lightly conceal, I find it most useful when counteracting blue tones under the eyes and illuminating skin. If you use a full coverage foundation, you may get away with using this as a concealer. When I use my Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation, this highlighting pen is enough to conceal any darkness peaking through my foundation. My preferred method of use is to apply your normal concealer and then pat this on (I use the pointy end of a Beauty Blender) under the eyes, around the nose, and above my brows creating almost a heart shape in the center of my face. After applying this product, you may go on with your regular powder/bronzer/blush routine but I especially love this product paired with contour and blush. For my skin, this combination of products works better at creating a soft sculpted look...I'm not a fan of harsh contouring/highlighting.

Ben Nye Cameo Luxury Powder

You may be familiar with Ben Nye Banana Powder (the yellow powder Kim Kardashian's makeup artist
uses to conceal/brighten/highlight when contouring her face) but I love Cameo, which is better on skin tones with pinky undertones, as an all-over finishing powder. It is a super-silky finely milled powder that blends like a dream. The finish is a very natural satin-matte finish. This cool-toned shade is translucent, yet has just enough pigment to brighten skin. If you have medium skin tones, I would go with the Buff shade which is a bit darker and has more of a golden undertone. I love Ben Nye products, this line was specifically created as theatrical makeup and is great quality. I love all of the Luxury Powders but Cameo is a personal fave.

Ardell Natural Lash Black #109

This has become my go-to strip lash recently. The natural curve of the lash is perfect for weddings and looks soft and pretty in photos. I end up trimming down most lash-dense strips to soften them up (making them look more delicate and less drag, hehe!). This strip blends with natural lashes easier than any other I have tried. These are usually undetectable, most people will think you are just born with gorgeous lush lashes!




Ben Nye Final Seal

This is the grand-daddy of all setting sprays! This is yet another Ben Nye miracle product.
This product is used at Disney theme parks to keep the Disney princesses' makeup on all day in all weather conditions. It literally locks down makeup the way hairspray sets your hairstyle. This product is perfect for weddings, it is sweat-proof and waterproof! It does have a minty scent (and tingle!) that some may not love, but I don't mind it. After applying all of your makeup, hold the bottle several inches from your face and spritz in horizontal motions. You do not need alot of this product, a little goes a long way! Also, I recommend pulling hair away from your face because it will literally glue it to your face. Don't forget to wash your face before bed because you will wake up with a full face of makeup the next morning.



Did you score some great beauty deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday? I would love to hear about it or see pictures of your goodies!

xoxo,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment