Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mixing It Up With OCC Lip Tar Color Combinations

Hello lovelies!

Left to right: Melange, Grandma, Pretty Boy,
Stalker, Vintage
I got tons of feedback after my October post about Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar. I mentioned in the post that these highly pigmented lip stain/gloss/liquid lipstick were designed to be worn both alone or mixed together to create custom shades. I love using these for events due to their excellent color payoff, longevity, and creamy consistency. I purchased a kit earlier in the year that included five lip tars. The colors are bold, and I usually only wear Pretty Boy or Stalker straight from the tube. I like to mix the other colors to develop shades that flatter each specific client. I am glad that I purchased the kit because it provided such a wide range of bold colors that I am able to alter shades to suit any skintone. 
The shades on the right side of the palette are straight from the tube and are in the same order as above. The shades on the left are some of my most used color combinations. You only need a tiny drop of product, you will be surprised how far just a drop goes! I mixed these colors with the lip brush that was included in the kit. If you would like to create several custom lip colors, remember to clean the brush really well in between. It is also important to remember that this product requires a steady hand and stains easily. 

Custom colors are listed counter-clockwise.
1.) Melange + Grandma = orangey-nude 
(So pretty on darker skintones)
2.) Grandma + Pretty Boy = coral
(Very flattering on anyone with golden undertones)
3.) Pretty Boy + Stalker = raspberry
(LOVE this shade with fair complexions... and especially paired with glowing skin and shimmery eyes)
4.) Stalker + Vintage = deep berry (favorite fall/winter shade for all skintones)
5.) Melange + Grandma + Pretty Boy = warm rosy pink (my go-to combo for brides, and the one featured in my previous Lip Tar post)


*Melange/Grandma
*Grandma/Pretty Boy
*Pretty Boy/Stalker
*Melange/Grandma/Pretty Boy
*Stalker/Vintage



All of the swatches were made with one swipe of the brush! Check out the pigmentation and how opaque the formula is!! I hope this helps all of you that had questions about mixing your own shades of Lip Tar!

xoxo,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment