Sunday, September 22, 2013

Top 5 Drugstore Faves of September

Hi there dolls! I wanted to share some of my favorite drugstore products that I have discovered lately that are ahhh-mazing... like so amazing that you will be shocked at how little they cost.

1.) Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation
This product is ridiculous!! I was totally expecting it to fail me. My skin type is super oily (like blotting hourly oily!) and sensitive. I usually airbrush my face with Dinair when going out, and had been using Lancome Teint Idole Freshwear daily for running errands or going to class. I like the buildable coverage of Freshwear, but I was having to powder and/or blot continuously, even though this foundation is supposed to be a lightweight mattifying formula. I had heard good things about this formula's coverage and staying power... but honestly I was being a brand snob and feeling extremely skeptical about the claims. AND THEN I tried it and had to eat my words. The Youtube reviews were on point! I usually set this foundation with Make Up For Ever HD Finishing Powder or Ben Nye Cameo and I am good to go... like good all day. No touchups. No blotting. No caking. You get full coverage with a velvety smooth finish. Actually the coverage is so nice that I often find that I don't even need concealer! The mattifying power of this foundation is unreal, but dolls with normal to dry skin beware: this foundation will be waaaay too drying for you! If I don't moisturize before, even I (the oiliest of the oily) will experience tightness. I recommend applying this foundation with a flat long bristled foundation brush for the most even coverage. ($12)


2.) Milani Baked Blush
The shade Luminoso is a well-known dupe for Nars Orgasm, however, I prefer the Milani blush! Orgasm is a red-based coral with shimmer, while Luminoso is a pink-based coral with a hint of sheen. Both blushes are absolutely gorge (and are pictured side by side below)... but the red undertone and amount of shimmer in Orgasm is not all that flattering on my fair and oily complexion. The color makes me look a bit like a cherry tomato and the shimmery finish on shiny skin... not cute! I have used Orgasm on clients with golden undertones and it creates a glowy flushed look. If you like Nars blushes, be sure to check out Milani Baked Blushes and pay 1/3 of the price ($8!!).


3.) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
These great little twist-up crayons are a great alternative to Tarte Lipsurgence. They are highly pigmented, moisturizing and long-lasting... my personal recipe to a perfect lip product! They go on with a sheen but wear down to a matte finish. I own three colors: Smitten (blue-based pink), Sweetheart (true pink), and Honey (peachy nude). If you are looking for a lipcolor with stay power and pigmentation, these are right up your alley! ($7)


4.) Styli-Style Line and Seal 24 HR Semi-Permanent Liner
Don't let the name scare you, I'll admit "semi-permanent" is scary sounding... but believe me these liners are anything but scary! I discovered these fabulous liners years ago at Walgreen's. I have always had a difficult time finding eyeliners that stay on my waterline and don't get all raccoon-y on me. I have tried liners from Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Benefit, Tarte... all promising waterproof and smudge-proof results to no avail. These liners come in awesome colors and there are many metallic and shimmer shades that are super wearable. This liner also comes is a twist-up form, but I haven't tried them yet. My favorite liner colors from Styli-Style are Brownstone, Smokey Quartz, Copper, and Black Pearl. These can be difficult to find, I was ordering them from Styli-Style.com for a while until I recently found them in a local Rite-Aid... And snatched them all up! ($6)


5.) L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain
These are a super close dupe to YSL Glossy Stains! They wear comfortably and the coverage is buildable, so you can control the intensity of the color. They go on with a high gloss and then wear down to a subtle shine. My favorites are Rose On and On (medium pink) and Pink Resistance (more nude than pink). I'm dying to try Endless Red and Berry Persistent. ($7)
 * I didn't include my nail polish that I have on in these pics as one of my top 5 drugstore picks for the month, but I did buy it this month and loved it too! It's Nicole's "Plum To Your Senses!" It reminds me of a purple-y version of OPI's Russian Navy which is one of my seasonal faves this time of year. ($7)


No comments:

Post a Comment